Turkey Sausage Breakfast Enchiladas
Servings 8 people
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey breakfast sausage
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles drained
- 6 eggs
- 6 egg whites
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 8 Mission Carb Balance Soft Taco Flour Tortillas
- 2 cups reduced-fat shredded Mexican blend cheese
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sausage to the skillet and cook while breaking it up. When sausage begins to brown, add onion and peppers and cook until meat is cooked through and vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add green chiles to the skillet and stir to combine. Transfer sausage and vegetables to a plate or dish; set aside.
- Reduce heat of the skillet to medium-low heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray, if needed.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and egg whites and pour into the same skillet.
- Use a rubber spatula to pull in the cooked edges of the eggs into the center of the pan until cooked.
- Pour 1/2 cup enchilada sauce into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Roll up and place seam-side down in the prepared pan.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the top and sprinkle on remaining cup of cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro before serving.
MFP: MFF Turkey Sausage Breakfast Enchiladas January 2021
Serving: 8.3ounces | Calories: 429kcal | Carbohydrates: 28.3g | Protein: 31.2g | Fat: 21.2g