Banana Walnut Muffins
Servings 20 muffins
- 4 overripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas with a fork.
- Mix in an egg, Greek yogurt, apple sauce, brown sugar, maple syrup and vanilla until well combined.
- Add salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and flour and mix until well combined.
- Fold in chopped walnuts.
- Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Scoop batter into each muffin tin until 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown on top.
MFP: MFF Banana Walnut Muffins January 2021
Calories: 135kcal | Carbohydrates: 25.8g | Protein: 3.2g | Fat: 2.5g