Servings 8 people
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Truvia Baking Blend
- 1 (15 ounce) part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 10 oven ready lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute, then add onion and turkey. Cook, breaking up the turkey, until no longer pink.
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce and water and stir to combine. Season with basil, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper and Truvia.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low; let simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta, cottage cheese, eggs and parmesan cheese and mix until well combined.
- Spread a thin layer of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9×13-inch pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer with half the uncooked lasagna noodles, half the cheese mixture, 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese and half the meat sauce. Repeat layers, rand sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
MFP: MFF Turkey Lasagna December 2020
Serving: 11.3ounces | Calories: 440kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 35.4g | Fat: 19.3g