Chicken & Waffles
Servings 6 people
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Mix
- 1 Tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cut into strips
- 3 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Mix
- 3 cups water
- 2 (25 gram) scoops vanilla protein powder
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Sugar free syrup for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut butter into small pieces and place in the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish, place in the oven while it preheats to melt butter.
- Whisk eggs together in a small mixing bowl; set aside. Combine Kodiak Cakes, seasoned salt, paprika, salt and pepper in another mixing bowl; set aside.
- Remove pan from the oven when butter is melted. Dip each piece of chicken in egg wash then coat in Kodiak Cakes mixture and place in prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, removing and flipping chicken halfway through.
- Whisk all waffle ingredients together until well combined. Pour into a preheated and greased waffle iron, using 1/3 cup batter for each waffle.
- Cook until waffles are golden brown. Serve chicken over waffles and top with sugar free syrup (not included in nutrition information).
Serving size – 2 waffles & 117 grams of chicken
MFP: MFF Chicken and Waffles December 2020
Calories: 571kcal | Carbohydrates: 45.2g | Protein: 51.9g | Fat: 20.5g