Chicken Noodle Soup
Servings 6 people
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup low-fat 1% milk
- 1 Tablespoon butter softened
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 2 cups carrots sliced
- 2 cups celery diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 10 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash of Old Bay Seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound cooked chicken shredded
- In a bowl or stand mixer, combine all noodle ingredients until a thick dough forms. Knead for 5 minutes then cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll dough out onto a lightly floured surface until about 1⁄8 inch thick. Use a pizza cutter to cut into thin strips.
- Separate noodles and leave out to dry for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, carrots and celery and cook for 5 minutes, or until tender. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in chicken broth, basil, oregano, Old Bay, salt, pepper and noodles. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook for a few minutes or until heated through.
MFP: MFF Chicken Noodle Soup December 2020
Serving: 15.8ounces | Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 29.7g | Fat: 8.4g