Servings 6 people
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add rice and cook until it begins turning golden brown.
- Add chicken broth and mix until combined, being sure to scrape any rice from the bottom of the skillet to avoid burning.
- Add tomato sauce, salt, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil then cover with a lid, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 30-40 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Fluff rice before serving.
MFP: MFF Spanish Rice February 2021
Serving: 5.6ounces | Calories: 239kcal | Carbohydrates: 39.2g | Protein: 11.3g | Fat: 4.1g