Servings 8 people
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup low-fat 1% milk
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (30 ounce) pkg. frozen hash browns
- 2 cups reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup plain panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add onion and sauté until tender. Mix in flour and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Gradually whisk in chicken broth and cook for 3 minutes, or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add milk, sour cream, yogurt, onion powder, hashbrowns and cheddar cheese; mix until well combined.
- Spread mixture in prepared pan and top with bread crumbs. Spray bread crumbs generously with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes, then turn oven to high broil and cook for 1-2 additional minutes, or until bread crumbs are golden brown.
MFP: MFF Funeral Potatoes February 2021
Serving: 9.7ounces | Calories: 294kcal | Carbohydrates: 30.8g | Protein: 13.7g | Fat: 12.9g