Slow Cooker Roast Beef and Gravy
Servings 8 people
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 3 pound chuck roast
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- 2 Tablespoons cold water
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper and garlic salt. Rub seasoning on the outside of the roast. Place in the skillet and sear for 3-4 minutes on each side. Place seared roast in a 6-quart slow cooker sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic, onion powder and garlic powder then pour around the edges of the roast in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- After cooking, place roast on a platter and pour drippings remaining in slow cooker through a strainer into a saucepan over medium-high heat. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and cold water then whisk into drippings and bring to a boil until thickened and gravy reaches desired consistency. Serve roast with gravy.
Serving size – 3.8 ounces cooked roast + 3.1 ounces gravy.
MFP: MFF Slow Cooker Roast Beef and Gravy December 2021
Calories: 246kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.2g | Protein: 36.5g | Fat: 9.2g