Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
Servings 8 people
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 4 ounces yellow onion diced
- 6 ounces celery diced
- 8 ounces carrot sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup low-fat 1% milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 10 ounces uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Spray a 6-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken in the slow cooker and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour chicken stock over the chicken then add onion, celery, carrot, thyme, rosemary and bay leaves; stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- After cooking, remove bay leaves and reserve 1 cup of liquid from the slow cooker then shred chicken using two forks.
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, milk, flour and reserved broth then stir into the slow cooker. Stir in egg noodles and peas then cover and cook for an additional 30-60 minutes or until pasta is tender and soup has thickened.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
MFP: MFF Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup January 2022
Serving: 15.4ounces | Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 34.9g | Protein: 29.4g | Fat: 3.5g