Slow Cooker Beijing Beef
Servings 6 people
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 6 ounces onion diced
- 4 ounces red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 Tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- Optional: cooked rice not included in nutrition information:
- Place sliced steak in a gallon-sized resealable bag and sprinkle corn starch on top. Seal bag and shake until steak is evenly coated in corn starch.
- Spread steak in an even layer in the bottom of a slow cooker sprayed with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle onion and bell pepper on top.
- In a small bowl, whisk together water, brown sugar, ketchup, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, oyster sauce, chili sauce and garlic until well combined then pour over steak and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours. Serve over cooked rice, if desired (log separately).
MFP: MFF Slow Cooker Beijing Beef September 2021
Serving: 7.3ounces | Calories: 294kcal | Carbohydrates: 28.1g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 9.1g