Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon
Servings 8 people
- 5 slices (6.5 ounces) uncooked bacon diced
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup fat-free low sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 carrots (9 ounces) cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound baby red potatoes cut into 1- inch pieces
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Add diced bacon to a large skillet over medium- high heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until crispy. Use a slotted spoon to remove bacon from the skillet and add to a 6- quart slow cooker.
- Season stew meat with salt and pepper and sear on all sides then add to slow cooker.
- Add vinegar and beef broth to the same skillet and stir to remove any browned bits from the pan. Whisk in tomato sauce, soy sauce and flour and bring to a simmer, whisking continuously, until combined then pour over meat in slow cooker.
- Add carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, garlic and thyme to the slow cooker and mix to combine. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
MFP: MFF Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon
Serving: 9.1ounces | Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 20.2g | Protein: 31.5g | Fat: 6.6g