Chicken Spinach Tomato Penne
Servings 8 people
- 1 (14.5 ounce) pkg. Barilla Protein+ Penne Pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) pkg. 1⁄3 less-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pound cooked chicken diced
- 2 ounces baby spinach
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute for 3-5 minutes, or until onion is tender. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Mix in tomato paste, diced tomatoes, oregano, basil, salt and pepper until well combined. Reduce heat to low and mix in cream cheese and parmesan and stir until incorporated.
- Fold in cooked pasta, chicken and spinach and stir until spinach is wilted and pasta and chicken are heated through. Remove from heat and serve.
MFP: MFF Chicken Spinach Tomato Penne October 2021
Serving: 11.5g | Calories: 391kcal | Carbohydrates: 50.1g | Protein: 24.7g | Fat: 10.2g