- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, beans, corn and green beans)
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) package Family Size Idahoan Buttery Homestyle Instant Potatoes
- 1/2 reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add frozen vegetables, flour, beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt and pepper; mix to combine. Reduce heat to low and let simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and spread mixture into a 9×13-inch baking pan. Prepare mashed potatoes according to package directions and spread on top.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for 20- 25 minutes, then turn oven to high broil and cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Serving size 1/6 of recipe.
MFP: MFF Shepherds Pie
Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 23.7g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 12.3g