Slow Cooker Roast Beef & Vegetables
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 pound boneless chuck roast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 3 carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 pound fingerling potatoes quartered
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 (15 ounce) can low-sodium beef broth
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons cold water
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Pat roast dry with paper towels and generously season each side with salt and pepper. Place in skillet and sear each side of the roast for 2-3 minutes, or until browned.
- Place roast in a slow cooker sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place onion, carrots, potatoes and celery around the edge of the slow cooker. Pour Worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar and balsamic vinegar over the top of the roast.
- Pour beef broth over the vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- To make gravy, strain the juice from the slow cooker into a saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk together cornstarch and water then whisk mixture into the saucepan. Bring to a boil to thicken. Serve over sliced roast.
Serving is 1/8 of recipe. MFP: MFF Slow Cooker Roast Beef and Vegetables
Calories: 482kcal | Carbohydrates: 37.5g | Protein: 29.6g | Fat: 24.6g