Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
Servings 8 enchiladas
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 cups reduced-fat shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 8 Mission Carb Balance Flour Tortillas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium- high heat. Add flour and whisk until combined and cook, stirring continuously, for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in broth until completely smooth. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and mix in Greek yogurt and green chiles; set aside.
- Combine cooked chicken and one cup of cheese in a bowl. Divide chicken and cheese evenly between 8 tortillas, roll up and place seam side down in prepared pan. Pour sauce over the top and sprinkle on remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until heated through, then turn oven to high broil and cook for 1-2 more minutes or until golden brown. Top with fresh cilantro before serving.
MFP: MFF Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
Calories: 328kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 26.3g | Fat: 13.7g