Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
Servings 6 people
- 1 (2.5 pound) pork tenderloin
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Serve on tortillas or salad with your favorite toppings
- Spray a 6-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Cut tenderloin into 3-inch pieces and place in the bottom of slow cooker.
- Pour chicken stock over pork. Top with onion, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder; mix to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- When pork is done cooking, remove from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Preheat oven to high broil.
- Spread shredded pork on two baking sheets that have been lined with foil. Pour 1⁄4 cup of juices from the slow cooker evenly over the pork in each pan and toss to coat evenly.
- Broil for 5 minutes, or until the edges of the pork start browning. Serve immediately on tortillas or salad and top with your favorite taco toppings (not included in nutrition information).
MFP: MFF Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
Serving: 5.72ounces | Calories: 284kcal | Carbohydrates: 3.4g | Protein: 49.7g | Fat: 7g