Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
Servings 6 people
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (2 pound) boneless beef chuck roast
- 4 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) loaf french bread
- 4 ounces swiss cheese sliced
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Rub salt and pepper on the outside of the roast, then sear for 3-4 minutes on each side in skillet. Carefully remove roast from skillet and place in a slow cooker sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour beef broth around the edge of the roast. Pour soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce on top of the roast and place sliced onions on top. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-5 hours.
- Heat oven to high broil. Remove roast from the slow cooker and shred with two forks.
- Cut loaf of French bread in half lengthwise and place cut side up on a large baking sheet. Top one side of the French bread with roast and the other side with Swiss cheese slices.
- Place pan in the oven and broil for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread is toasted. Cut into 6 equal pieces and serve with drippings left in the slow cooker for dipping.
MFP: MFF French Dip Sandwich
Serving: 5.83ounces | Calories: 474kcal | Carbohydrates: 40.3g | Protein: 45.7g | Fat: 16.6g