Servings 6 people
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- Cooked rice for serving
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces, season with salt and pepper and add to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-8 minutes or until cooked through; remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt butter and sauté onion for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Sprinkle flour on top and cook, stirring continuously, for 3-5 minutes or until flour begins to turn golden brown.
- Gradually add chicken stock and coconut milk and cook until thickened. Add chicken and cook until heated through. Remove from heat and add yogurt and mix until well combined.
- Serve over cooked rice and top with desired toppings (rice and toppings not included in nutritional information).
*Optional toppings: red bell pepper, green bell pepper, pineapple, chow mein noodles, shredded cheese, green onion, tomato, coconut flakes, black olives, mandarin oranges.
MFP: MFF Hawaiian Haystack Chicken Gravy
Serving: 12.46ounces | Calories: 291kcal | Carbohydrates: 7.1g | Protein: 33.1g | Fat: 15g