Servings 6 people
- 12 ounces uncooked farfalle pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 2 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese Fresh basil for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, rinse and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey and onion and cook until onion is tender and turkey is cooked through. Season with basil, parsley, pepper and salt.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste and tomato sauce; mix until well combined. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add mozzarella, Parmesan and cottage cheeses; mix until well combined. Add cooked pasta and stir to combine. Let cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.
MFP: MFF Skillet Lasagna
Serving: 15ounces | Calories: 496kcal | Carbohydrates: 63.1g | Protein: 32.1g | Fat: 12.8g