Protein French Bread
Servings 20 slices
- 2 1/4 cups warm water
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Mix
- In a large bowl or stand mixer using a dough hook, combine water, sugar and yeast; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add salt, oil and 3 cups of Kodiak Cakes and mix until combined. Gradually add remaining Kodiak Cakes and mix until dough is elastic and slightly sticky, but not sticking to the sides of the bowl.
- Cover bowl with a towel or plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour, or until doubled. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide in half. Roll each half into a thick rectangle (approx. 8x10-inches). Roll up the dough starting from the long edge, pinch and tuck the edges under to form a loaf then place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a few lines in the top of each loaf a few inches apart and cover with greased plastic wrap or a clean dish towel and let raise for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and make sure oven rack is in the center position. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on the outside and cooked through. Let cool before slicing and cut each loaf into 10 (2 ounce) slices.
Serving size: 1 slice
MFP: MFF French Bread
Serving: 2ounces | Calories: 134kcal | Carbohydrates: 19.3g | Protein: 8.4g | Fat: 2.6g