Barbecue Turkey Meatballs
Servings 6 people
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Barbecue Sauce:
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all meatball ingredients until well combined. Roll into 30 equal sized meatballs and place on prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium heat, whisk together all barbecue sauce ingredients. Let cook for 8-10 minutes, whisking occasionally, or until the sauce begins to thicken, then turn heat to low and let simmer.
- When meatballs are cooked, remove from oven and turn oven to high broil. Baste meatballs with barbecue sauce and return to the oven and broil for 2-3 minutes.
MFP: MFF Barbecue Turkey Meatballs
Serving: 5 meatballs | Calories: 391kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 34.4g | Fat: 13.9g