Baked Malibu Chicken
Servings 6 people
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 ounces Swiss cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced deli ham
- 2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder in a shallow dish or bowl; set aside. Whisk together eggs in a separate shallow dish or bowl; set aside.
- Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise or pound until 1⁄2- inch thick. Dip each piece of chicken in egg wash then coat in crumb mixture and place in skillet, cooking for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove chicken from skillet and place in prepared baking dish. Bake for 18 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and lightly golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and top with ham and cheese and return to the oven and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all dip ingredients and serve with chicken.
Serving size - 8.3 ounces chicken + 0.9 ounces sauce
MFP: MFF Baked Malibu Chicken
Calories: 455kcal | Carbohydrates: 15.9g | Protein: 50.1g | Fat: 21.2g