Honey Walnut Shrimp
Servings 6 people
- Candied Walnuts:
- 1 cup halved walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds shrimp peeled deveined, tail-off shrimp
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup green onion diced
- Add walnuts and sugar to a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring continuously, until sugar is melted and walnuts are evenly coated. Remove from heat and spread walnuts on wax paper or foil in an even layer; let cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients until combined; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add cornstarch, salt, onion powder and garlic powder to a gallon-sized resealable bag; seal bag and shake to combine.
- Add shrimp to the bag, seal and shake until shrimp is evenly coated. Cook shrimp in the preheated skillet for 2 minutes on each side. Remove shrimp from the skillet and repeat until all shrimp is cooked.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss cooked shrimp and candied walnuts in sauce and garnish with sesame seeds and diced green onion before serving.
MFP: MFF Honey Walnut Shrimp
Serving: 6.5ounces | Calories: 470kcal | Carbohydrates: 37.3g | Protein: 42.5g | Fat: 16.7g