Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
Servings 6 people
- 3 cups prepared white rice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound cooked chicken diced
- 1 1/2 cups plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon butter melted
- 1/2 cup plain panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons poppy seed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook rice according to package directions and spread in an even layer in the bottom of prepared pan; set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat and whisk in flour. Cook for 1 minute, stirring continually. Gradually whisk in chicken broth and cook until mixture begins to thicken, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in chicken, Greek yogurt, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper until well combined. Spread mixture over rice in an even layer.
- In a small bowl, combine all topping ingredients and sprinkle on top. Bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly golden brown on top.
1 serving: 1/6 of recipe.
MFP: MFF Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
Calories: 399kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 30.6g | Fat: 12.8g