Chicken Curry Soup
Servings 6 people
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (12 ounce) cans low-fat evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked white rice (Minute rice works great for this!)
- 1 pound cooked diced chicken
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium- high heat. Add carrots, celery and onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour on top of vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until flour begins to turn golden brown.
- Gradually add milk, stirring continuously, then season with curry powder and salt. Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add cooked rice and chicken and let simmer for 10 more minutes.
MFP: MFF Chicken Curry Soup
Serving: 1.1pounds | Calories: 471kcal | Carbohydrates: 42.6g | Protein: 30.9g | Fat: 10g