Philly Cheesesteak Melt
Servings 6 people
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup low-fat 1% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (16 ounce) loaf bakery French bread
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound flank steak thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 ounces green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 4 ounces yellow onion thinly sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 6 ounces provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Whisk in flour and cook for an additional minute. Slowly whisk in milk and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Let simmer for a few minutes until thickened then remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut french bread in half lengthwise and place cut side up on baking sheet; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season flank steak with salt and pepper, then cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Toss steak in Worcestershire sauce, then remove from skillet and set aside on a plate.
- Add bell pepper, onion and mushrooms to the same skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until vegetables are tender then remove from heat.
- Divide and spread prepared sauce evenly between the two loaves of french bread. Top each half of bread with half the cheese, steak and vegetables. Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden brown. Cut into slices and serve.
MFP: MFF Philly Cheesesteak Melt October 2021
Serving: 7.4ounces | Calories: 465kcal | Carbohydrates: 44.4g | Protein: 32.4g | Fat: 17.5g