Servings 6 people
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces green bell pepper cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 ounces red bell pepper cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon ginger paste
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season steak with salt and pepper and add to skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until browned on the outside then use a slotted spoon to remove from the skillet and set aside on a plate.
- Add peppers to the same skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until tender. Add garlic and ginger then cook for an additional minute. Return cooked steak to the skillet and mix to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, water, rice vinegar, brown sugar and cornstarch then pour into the skillet.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring continuously, until thickened. Remove from heat and sprinkle sesame seeds on top for garnish. Serve over rice, if desired.
- *Rice not included in nutrition information.
MFP: MFF Pepper Steak December 2021
Serving: 5ounces | Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 10.1g | Protein: 25.2g | Fat: 13.7g