Beef Pot Pie
Servings 8 people
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/4 cups I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Light
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds eye of round roast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces carrots peeled and sliced
- 4 ounces yellow onion diced
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms sliced
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 5 ounces frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch pie pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a bowl, or stand mixer, combine all crust ingredients until a thick dough forms. Divide dough into two equal parts and roll each half into a circle approximately 11 inches in diameter (you want it larger than the pie pan to form a crust on the edge). Lightly press one half of the dough into the bottom and up the edges of the pie pan (the other half will go on top).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until just browned on the outside. Use a slotted spoon and remove beef from the skillet and set aside on a plate.
- Add carrots, onion and mushrooms to the same skillet and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, garlic and flour and cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in beef broth, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, frozen peas and dried thyme. Add beef back to the skillet and let cook a few minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Pour filling into pie pan and place remaining crust on top then pinch and seal the edges together. Beat egg then brush on top of the crust and cut a few slits in the top of the pie to release steam while cooking.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown on top. Let cool for a few minutes before serving as the inside of the pie will be hot.
MFP: MFF Beef Pot Pie November 2021
Serving: 10.1ounces | Calories: 431kcal | Carbohydrates: 35.3g | Protein: 33.7g | Fat: 17.2g