Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Servings 6 people
- 6 ounces uncooked bacon roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 pounds russet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 cup low-fat 1% milk
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped chives
- Add bacon to a large pot over medium-high heat and cook until browned. Use a slotted spoon to remove bacon from pot and set aside on a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Add onion to the same pot and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until tender. Sprinkle flour on top and cook, stirring continuously, for 1 minute.
- Gradually mix in chicken broth until combined then add potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. When potatoes are tender, use a potato masher to mash up some of the potatoes for a thicker soup.
- Add milk, yogurt, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Cook for a few minutes until heated through.
- Top with cooked bacon, cheddar cheese and chives before serving.
MFP: MFF Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Serving: 12.5ounces | Calories: 327kcal | Carbohydrates: 33.2g | Protein: 15.2g | Fat: 14.8g