Biscuits and Gravy
Servings 6 people
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/4 cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground country style pork sausage
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low-fat 1% milk
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, combine all biscuit ingredients until well combined. Divide dough into 6 equal balls (approx. 3.7 ounces each), then flatten to 1-inch thick and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While biscuits are baking, add sausage to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, breaking up, until completely cooked through and slightly browned on the outside.
- Sprinkle flour on top then stir and cook for an additional minute. Add milk, seasoning salt and pepper to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until combined and sauce has thickened (about 5-8 minutes).
- Pour gravy over biscuits before serving.
MFP: MFF Biscuits and Gravy December 2021
Serving: 7.8ounces | Calories: 462kcal | Carbohydrates: 41.1g | Protein: 28.4g | Fat: 20.4g