Penne Pasta Bake
Servings 8 people
- 1 16 ounce pkg. uncooked penne pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 2 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella divided
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add turkey and cook, breaking up, until cooked through. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute. Drain excess liquid then season with basil, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix in sugar, tomatoes, tomato paste and tomato sauce until well combined. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl combine ricotta, parmesan cheese, egg, 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese and fresh parsley. Add turkey mixture and cooked pasta to the mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan and sprinkle remaining 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese on top. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
MFP: MFF Penne Pasta Bake
Serving: 15.4ounces | Calories: 482kcal | Carbohydrates: 51.6g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 15.5g