Monte Cristo Empanadas
Servings 6 people
- 1 3/4 cups self rising flour
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 pound sliced deli Turkey
- 1 pound sliced deli ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese 84 grams total
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
- raspberry jam for serving (not included in nutrition Information)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, combine self rising flour and Greek yogurt until a thick dough forms.
- Divide dough into 6 equal pieces (approximately 3.3 ounces each) and roll out onto a lightly floured surface until approx. 8 inches in diameter. Divide turkey, ham and cheese evenly between dough (2.6 ounces turkey, 2.6 ounces ham, 14 grams cheese).
- Fold dough over the top to form a half circle, press edges shut with your hand then use a fork to crimp and secure the edges of each empanada.
- Place empanadas on prepared pan, then whisk egg and brush on the top and sides. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and dust with powdered sugar. Serve with raspberry jam, if desired (not included in nutrition information so log separately).
MFP: MFF Monte Cristo Empanadas
Serving: 8.6ounces | Calories: 329kcal | Carbohydrates: 36.3g | Protein: 29.4g | Fat: 7.4g