Ground Turkey Frito Pie
Servings 6 people
- 1 1/2 pounds 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 (1 ounce) pkg. low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup canned corn drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 4 ounces Fritos Corn Chips
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add turkey and onion to a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook, breaking up meat, until turkey is cooked through and onion is tender.
- Stir in taco seasoning, chili powder and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until thickened. Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn and black beans. Let simmer for an additional 5 minutes then remove from heat and set aside.
- Spread half the Fritos in the bottom of the prepared pan, top with turkey mixture, then sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until cheese is melted then remove from oven and top with remaining Fritos and green onion. Top with other desired toppings (log separately).
MFP: MFF Ground Turkey Frito Pie July 2022
Serving: 11.3ounces | Calories: 470kcal | Carbohydrates: 37.2g | Protein: 33.2g | Fat: 20.9g