Green Bean Casserole
Servings 8 people
- 2 pounds fresh green beans rinsed and trimmed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion minced
- 1 8 ounce pkg sliced baby Bella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low-fat 1% milk
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place beans in a large pot and fill with water until beans are covered.
- Cover pot, bring to a boil and let cook for 3 minutes, then remove from heat and drain in a colander under cold water; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, and sauté onion and mushrooms for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until mushrooms are brown and tender.
- Sprinkle flour on top, stir and cook for 2 more minutes until flour turns golden brown.
- Slowly mix in milk to avoid clumping. Add Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and mix until combined.
- Remove from heat and mix in yogurt. Spread mixture in a 9×13-inch baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix together bread crumbs and parmesan cheese and sprinkle on top. Spray crumb topping with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Then, turn oven to high broil and let cook for an additional 1- 2 minutes or until golden brown on top.
MFP: MFF Green Bean Casserole
Serving: 7.5oz | Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 23.1g | Protein: 8.5g | Fat: 3.6g