General Tso’s Chicken
Servings 6 people
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Mix
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Tablespoons ginger paste
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 6 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 6 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces; set aside. Whisk eggs together in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, combine Kodiak Cakes, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Dip each piece of chicken in egg then coat in Kodiak Cakes mixture and place coated chicken on prepared baking sheet.
- Generously spray the coated chicken with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 25 minutes, turning and spraying with cooking spray halfway through. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While chicken is cooking, melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ginger paste, minced garlic and chili flakes then cook for 1-2 minutes. Whisk in vinegar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and sugar until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together water and cornstarch then whisk into sauce. Cook, stirring continuously, until thickened. Toss cooked chicken in sauce and garnish with sesame seeds before serving.
MFP: MFF General Tso’s Chicken December 2021
Serving: 6.1 ounces | Calories: 338kcal | Carbohydrates: 35.5g | Protein: 31.1g | Fat: 8.4g