Servings 6 servings
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup peeled diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped tarragon
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups seafood stock
- 6 (6 ounce) cans crab meat drained
- 1 cup low-fat 1% milk
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots, celery, thyme and tarragon and cook for 5 minutes. Season with bouillon powder, cayenne pepper (if desired), salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add minced garlic and cook for an additional minute. Mix in flour and tomato paste and cook for two minutes.
- Slowly stir in stock and crab meat then reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in milk and Greek yogurt and cook, stirring continuously, until fully combined and heated through.
MFP: MFF Crab Bisque
Serving: 12.4ounces | Calories: 185kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 24.6g | Fat: 3g