Slow Cooker Turkey and Gravy
Servings 12 people
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 7 1/2 pound bone-in turkey breast thawed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon water
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until tender. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Sprinkle flour on top and cook for 2 minutes then slowly stir in chicken broth. Season with thyme and bay leaves and stir to combine, then pour into slow cooker.
- Season turkey breast with salt and pepper then place in the slow cooker, skin side up. Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours or until turkey reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- After cooking, remove turkey from the slow cooker, place on a cutting board and cover with foil to keep warm. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- While the turkey rests, make the gravy by straining the contents of the slow cooker into a saucepan over medium high heat. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water until combined then whisk into the saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and let simmer until gravy reaches desired thickness.
- Carve the turkey breast from the bone and serve with gravy.
1 serving: 3 ounces turkey + 2.8 ounces gravy
MFP: MFF Slow Cooker Turkey and Gravy
Serving: 3ounces | Calories: 224kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.9g | Protein: 24.6g | Fat: 10g