Baked Chicken Fajita Tacos
Servings 24 tacos
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 ounces red bell pepper diced
- 4 ounces green bell pepper diced
- 4 ounces yellow onion diced
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 24 Mission Extra Thin Corn Tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Add chicken to a resealable gallon sized bag and sprinkle chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt onion powder and pepper on top. Seal the bag and shake to coat the chicken. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add bell peppers and onion to the same skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until tender.
- Add cooked chicken, cooked vegetables and cheese to a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Wrap the tortillas in a slightly damp paper towel and microwave 6 at a time for 30 seconds to make them easier to fold. Scoop a heaping 1⁄4 cup (approx. 1.7 ounces) of chicken filling onto one half of each tortilla, fold in half and place on prepared baking sheet and gently press down to hold shape.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until heated through and cheese has melted. Turn oven to high broil and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until tortillas are golden brown.
Serving size: 1 taco
MFP: MFF Chicken Fajita Tacos November 2021
Serving: 2ounces | Calories: 102kcal | Carbohydrates: 9.3g | Protein: 9.7g | Fat: 2.9g