Chicken Fried Rice
Servings 6 people
- 4 cups cooked rice chilled
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 white onion diced
- 1 12 ounce bag frozen peas and carrots
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- Cook rice according to package directions. Let cool completely and store in the
- refrigerator (works best if cold).
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces, season with salt and pepper and add to skillet. Cook until chicken is cooked through; remove chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add sesame oil. Sauté onion and frozen vegetables until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Push vegetables off to one side and add beaten eggs to the skillet and cook until set.
- Add green onions, soy sauce, rice and cooked chicken to the skillet. Cook for a few minutes until heated through and combined.
MFP: MFF Chicken Fried Rice
Serving: 9.1ounces | Calories: 384kcal | Carbohydrates: 29.1g | Protein: 42.9g | Fat: 10.7g