Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Servings 6 people
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups low-fat 1% milk
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 8 ounces sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 12 ounce pkg. frozen peas & carrots
- 2 cups potatoes peeled, diced
- 16 ounces cooked chicken cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium- high heat. Whisk in flour and cook, stirring continuously for 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Whisk in chicken broth and cook for 2-3 more minutes, or until thickened. Whisk in milk and mix until smooth. Add chicken bouillon cubes and mix until dissolved.
- Add onion, mushrooms, frozen vegetables and potatoes; mix until combined. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add chicken and season with salt and pepper, and cook for a few additional minutes until chicken is heated through.
MFP: MFF Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Serving: 14.6ounces | Calories: 302kcal | Carbohydrates: 24.4g | Protein: 27.5g | Fat: 10.5g