Chicken and Mushroom Casserole
Servings 6 people
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces diced mushrooms
- 4 ounces diced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low-fat 1% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 pound cooked, diced chicken
- 1 pound broccoli florets steamed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until onion is tender.
- Sprinkle flour on top and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Whisk in milk, season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring continuously, for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mushroom sauce, cooked rice, diced chicken, broccoli and 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Spread mixture in prepared pan and sprinkle remaining 3⁄4 cup cheese on top. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted.
MFP: MFF Chicken and Mushroom Casserole
Serving: 9.4ounces | Calories: 362kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 15.3g