BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Servings 6 people
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups sugar-free BBQ sauce
- 1 cup part-skim shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 4 Tablespoons cilantro chopped
- Scrub the outside of each potato and remove any blemishes. Poke the outside of each sweet potato multiple times with a fork then place on a baking sheet and place on the middle oven rack.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees and bake for 45 minutes, or until a fork easily presses into the center.
- Meanwhile, spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts in prepared pan and cover with BBQ sauce.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or place in the oven with the sweet potatoes for the last 20 minutes of cooking. Make sure chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Remove chicken and sweet potatoes from the oven. Shred cooked BBQ chicken.
- Cut each sweet potato down the middle and fill with shredded chicken.
- Divide mozzarella cheese, red onion and chopped cilantro evenly between each potato and put on top of each baked potato.
- Broil on high for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted. Serve hot.
Serving size – 1 potato
MFP: MFF BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Calories: 381kcal | Carbohydrates: 32.8g | Protein: 40.1g | Fat: 9.4g