Baked Chicken Verde Tacos
Servings 18 tacos
- 1 pound cooked diced chicken
- 1/2 cup Herdez Salsa Verde
- 1 cup reduced-fat Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 18 Mission Extra Thin Yellow Corn Tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked chicken, salsa verde, cheese, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Wrap the tortillas in a slightly damp paper towel and microwave 6 at a time for 30 seconds to make them easier to fold.
- Scoop a heaping 1⁄4 cup (approx. 38 grams) of chicken filling onto one half of each tortilla, fold in half and place on prepared baking sheet and gently press down to hold shape.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until heated through and cheese has melted. Turn oven to high broil and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until tortillas are golden brown.
Serving size: 1 taco
MFP: MFF Baked Chicken Verde Tacos
Calories: 118kcal | Carbohydrates: 13.2g | Protein: 10.5g | Fat: 2.6g