Beef Patty Melts
Servings 6 sandwiches
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 2 pounds 93% lean ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 slices Dave’s Killer Bread White Done Right Thin Sliced Bread
- 6 (21 gram) slices Swiss cheese
- 3 Tablespoons fat-free thousand island dressing
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is golden brown and soft. Remove onion from skillet; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Form into 6 equal-sized square patties (approximately 5.3 ounces per patty).
- Place patties in the preheated skillet, cooking on both sides until you reach desired doneness.
- Assemble patty melts starting with one slice of bread, cooked patty, one slice swiss cheese, onion (approximately 19 grams per sandwich), 1⁄2 Tablespoon thousand island dressing and another slice of bread.
- Spray a clean griddle or panini press with nonstick cooking spray and cook patty melts until golden brown on each side and cheese is melted. Cut in half and serve.
Serving size: 1 sandwich (approximately 7.7 ounces)
MFP: MFF Beef Patty Melt May 2021
Serving: 7.7ounces | Calories: 491kcal | Carbohydrates: 33.2g | Protein: 40.9g | Fat: 21.6g