Baked Chicken Chimichangas
Servings 8 people
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 8 Xtreme Wellness Tortilla Wraps
- 2 cups reduced-fat shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Optional toppings: fat-free sour cream, shredded lettuce, salsa, guacamole, pico, avocado, sliced olives, etc. not included in nutritional information
- Spray a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken in the bottom of slow cooker and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder and oregano then sprinkle on top of chicken.
- Pour undrained can of Rotel on top of chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3.
- When chicken is done cooking, remove from slow cooker and let rest on a cutting board for 5 minutes then shred in a bowl or stand mixer. Add some juice from the slow cooker to the shredded chicken, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Divide shredded chicken between tortillas and top with shredded cheese. Fold in opposite sides of each tortilla and roll up.
- Place seam-side down on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Brush melted butter on top of each chimichanga.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top. Garnish with desired toppings
Serving Size – 1 Chimichanga
MFP: MFF Baked Chicken Chimichangas December 2020
Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 18.8g | Protein: 32.8g | Fat: 10.6g