Servings 8 people
- 2 pounds 93% lean ground beef
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 (10 ounce) can mild red enchilada sauce
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Mild Diced Tomatoes & Green Chiles
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 Tablespoon low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese divided
- 1 (8.5 ounce) pkg. Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup low-fat 1% milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8×10-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Add ground beef and onion to a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook for 6-8 minutes, breaking up meat, until meat is cooked through and onion is tender; drain excess grease.
- Add enchilada sauce, black beans, Rotel, corn, taco seasoning, salt and pepper to the skillet. Mix to combine and let simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in 1⁄2 cup cheese then spread mixture in the bottom of prepared pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine corn muffin mix, egg and milk until well combined then spread over the ground beef mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese on top and bake for 35-40 minutes or until crust Is golden brown.
MFP: MFF Tamale Pie June 2022
Serving: 9.5ounces | Calories: 471kcal | Carbohydrates: 44.7g | Protein: 34.5g | Fat: 17.1g