Sweet Potato Casserole
Servings 8 people
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup low-fat 1% milk
- 1/4 cup I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Light
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Light
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add sweet potatoes and boil for 20-30 minutes or until fork tender. Drain the potatoes then place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Mash potatoes using a hand mixer or potato masher until you reach desired consistency. Mix in milk, butter substitute, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper until well combined. Spread potato mixture in an even layer in prepared pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine pecans, flour, brown sugar and butter substitute until a crumbly mixture forms then sprinkle on top of sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until topping is golden brown.
MFP: MFF Sweet Potato Casserole
Serving: 6.3ounces | Calories: 257kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 4.1g | Fat: 8.5g