Slow Cooker Refried Beans
Servings 6 people
- 3 cups dry pinto beans rinsed
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and diced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 5 cups water
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Spray a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Thoroughly rinse and strain beans, then pour into the slow cooker.
- Top with diced onion, jalapeño, garlic, salt, pepper and cumin. Add water and chicken broth and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 8-10 hours. When done cooking, reserve 1/2 cup of liquid from the slow cooker then drain and return beans to the slow cooker.
- Mash the beans using a hand mixer, immersion blender or potato masher. Add reserved liquid as needed to reach desired consistency.
MFP: MFF Slow Cooker Refried Beans February 2021
Serving: 7.1ounces | Calories: 78kcal | Carbohydrates: 14.3g | Protein: 5.1g