Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Servings 6 people
- 2 pounds stew meat
- 3 carrots peeled and diced
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 1 pound russet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- Spray a 6-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place stew meat, carrots, celery, potatoes, onion and garlic in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour beef broth and worcestershire sauce over the top. Season with salt, thyme, rosemary and paprika; stir to combine. Place bay leaves on top.
- Cover with lid and cook for 8-10 hours on low (recommended) or 4-6 hours on high. After cooking, discard bay leaves.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and 1⁄2 cup stew broth. Stir in flour mixture into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes until thickened.
MFP: MFF Slow Cooker Beef Stew Serving size: 1/6 of recipe
Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 24.6g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 7g