Broccoli Chicken Casserole
Servings 6 servings
- 6 cups steamed broccoli
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked chicken diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons plain panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spread steamed broccoli in the bottom of the dish. Top with cooked chicken.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté onion in olive oil until tender (3-5 minutes). Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute. Season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Slowly stir in chicken broth. Whisk in flour until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and mix in Parmesan and Greek yogurt until well combined. Pour over chicken and spread in an even layer then top with bread crumbs.
- Spray breadcrumbs generously with nonstick cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
MFP: MFF Broccoli Chicken Casserole Serving size: 1/6 of recipe October 2020
Calories: 436kcal | Carbohydrates: 38.3g | Protein: 45.5g | Fat: 10.4g